Season 6 Diamond Rules
1. Players must have ended Diamond 1 99 LP or below AND did not promote to Masters at any point during Season 10 or Season 11. Blue Otter will only take flex rank into account if there’s a big discrepancy between a player’s solo queue rank and flex rank.
2. A player may conditionally climb to Masters 150 LP while on a team. However, once they hit Masters, they are ineligible to switch teams.
2.a Players may start climbing after Week 1 has concluded.
3. Teams are required to research their players, admins are not responsible if a player is found out to be ineligible later in the season.
4. All players must have 125 Solo/Duo Queue ranked games on their main account in order to be eligible to play in Blue Otter League at the start of the season. This includes starters, subs, AND e-subs.
4.a Players must have 160 ranked solo/duo games to be eligible for playoffs this season.
4.b Players are not eligible unless they have played 100+ solo/duo ranked games in the previous season and are currently ranked. If a player did not have 100 ranked games in Season 10, they can make up the difference in Season 11. The formula for calculating a certain player’s minimum game requirement is below.
S11 Game Requirements = 100 - (Number of ranked solo / duo games in season 10 up to 100) + 125
5. Previously banned accounts do not count towards the minimum game requirement. This includes accounts that you do not own anymore.
6. Before players are eligible to play on a roster they must be cleared by an admin.
7. If your main account is permanently banned during any BOL league season, you will be considered ineligible to participate in Blue Otter League for the remainder of that season. If your main account is suspended at any point in the season, you will be ineligible to play in BOL until your suspension has been lifted. The BOL league season starts when a team is accepted into the league.
8. Other League ranks count towards eligibility. (LAN, EUW, etc)
9. All alternate accounts level 30+ must be disclosed. Failure to disclose an account will result in a 2 week suspension or possibly being denied from participating in BOL. If a player’s undisclosed account is found in between seasons, the suspension will carry over to the next season..
10. Ultimately all eligibility comes down to admin discretion, the admins can collectively agree to deny or remove any player.
12. BOL tournament organizers have the right to implement win rate contracts for any player(s) who have excessive win rates during the season. (55%+)
13. Player eligibility cannot be bypassed by an agreement with another team. (Game requirements)
1. All BOL rosters are all limited to a ten man roster, 1 coach, and 1 manager.
1.a Each team is limited to two roster changes per week up to the Playoff Roster Lock.
1.b Roster changes may be suspended as staff looks into the player in question. It is important that the captain always has a back up plan in the event that a player is denied or their roster change is suspended. The vetting team will take all necessary steps to ensure that roster changes are not suspended and players are cleared or denied as fast as possible.
2. All roster changes must be submitted by the team captain or team manager which includes esubs. If a captain and manager are unavailable, another player on the team may request permission to make their team’s roster changes with admin approval.
2.a A team captain/manager must ping the player they are adding to their roster when making the roster change.
2.b Players are required to complete their player registration form by 5:00 PM Eastern Time the day after roster lock. Any player that fills out their form late will be considered an esub.
3. If a team is found to be consistently attempting to add ineligible players due to not vetting them they will lose their league deposit.
4. Teams are only allowed the 5 starting players in their voice communications while in game. Teams are required to be in their respective Discord voice channels during official BOL matches. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
5. Players must complete a player registration form to be eligible for the league.
7. Rosters lock Saturday 11:59 pm ET
8. Any player added after roster lock is considered an e-sub.
9. Players and or Captains must submit player name changes in the name change channel prior to roster lock in any given week. Failure to do so will result in 1 ban loss per player.
9.a As a captain/manager, it is your responsibility to make sure your team is ready for the week.
10. Playoff rosters will be locked 1 week prior to the conclusion of the season.
11. Players who play in an official BOL game with one team will have a one week lock out period before they are eligible to play on another team.
11.a Starters/subs may not e-sub for other rosters unless a starter/sub is on a Platinum roster and wants to play on a Diamond roster or vice-versa
12. Players may drop themselves from a roster at any point by opening a ticket in #ticket-help-desk. If a player is dropped or drops themselves from a team without playing in the previous week, they would be eligible to join a team immediately.
12.a Players on cooldown will not be eligible to be added to a roster until their cooldown is over.
1. Each team is allowed 1 coach on their roster at a time and the team captain or manager must add them via roster change.
2. Coaches may be in team communication for pick / ban phase but must leave after.
3. Coaches may rejoin voice comms in between games but must leave when the game starts.
4. If a coach has gone AFK in team communications, open a ticket to have them removed from the voice channel.
4.a If a team fails to remove their coach in any circumstance during the game, the first offense will result in a warning. If a second infraction occurs the coach will no longer be eligible to join the team call as well as a ban loss in their next game.
1. Each team is allowed a maximum of two e-subs per game. After that their team will forfeit their games.
1.a Teams are limited to one esub during playoffs.
2. One e-sub used will be a 2 ban loss penalty in the first ban rotation. Two e-subs used will be a 4 ban loss penalty (3 in the first phase and 1 in the second phase) each game that they are used. Three or more e-subs is considered a forfeit.
2.a Teams that use an esub during playoffs will lose three bans in the first ban rotation each game that they are used.
3. Players above the normal cap may not e-sub for a team.
4. Teams must clear their e-subs through the e-sub clearance channel in discord for a player to be eligible to e-sub for a team. Players must ping admins for approval within 30 minutes of game time.
5. If your team is using an e-sub, let the opposing team know as soon as you can.
6. Players may only e-sub for one team per week. Failure to follow this will result in a forfeit. Multiple offenses will result in a 3 week suspension for the e-sub and the inability to e-sub for teams indefinitely.
7. E-subs are subject to all BOL player eligibility rules and regulations. BOL staff may require e-subs to fill out a player registration form if their eligibility is in question.
8. E-subs will be heavily scrutinized to ensure competitive integrity. There will be no leniency towards teams who have waited until the last second to submit an e-sub.
Lobby & In Game
1. Games are played on Summoner’s Rift 5v5 Tournament Draft with Allow Spectate.
2. Banter and trash talk should not be present in a game lobby or in game.
3. Each team is expected to follow BOL Discord Rules while in the lobby and in game.
4. Either team may create the lobby and invite the opposing team. Both teams should make an effort to communicate with opposing captains to set up the game. If a team is unreachable, open a ticket.
5. Lobbies are not required to be checked by a mod or admin. However, if a team has a problem with a lobby, they may open a ticket and a mod/admin will join their voice channel as soon as possible.
6. Any form of ban losses will occur in the first round of the ban phase. If a team loses more than 3 bans, any extra ban losses will carry over to the 2nd ban phase. A team may only receive a maximum of 5 ban losses per game.
7. Both teams must be in game lobby on the hour. Bans will occur 5 minutes after the game should start and in increments of 5 up until 3 bans are lost where a team will FF after that. You are required to open a ticket to contact admins/mods before a team loses bans so that it may be verified by staff.
7.a Meaning that a team will start to lose bans at 8:05 ET and forfeit the first game at 8:20 EST.
7.b If a team cannot field a roster by 8:30 ET, they will forfeit the series
7.c There are no excuses for running late. Patch ahead of time or get a sub to take your spot.
8. Prodraft/Draftlol is required. You are required to send the spectator link to the opposing team. Streamed matches on the BOL twitch channel require the use of Draftlol.
9. Client bugs, or mispicks must be disclosed immediately and before the other team selects their pick. Otherwise the Prodraft/Draftlol will have to be remade up until the mispick occurred.
9.a This must be done before the game is loaded in
9.b BOL Staff is not responsible for any misclicked summoner spells or masteries.
10. If the league bans a champion and a team plays it, it is an automatic forfeit for that game.
11. Teams are allowed to role swap however they want and do not need to disclose to the opposing team which player is playing what role. We do ask that players line up in LCS order after prodraft/draftlol for stats purposes.
11.a While teams don’t need to be in LCS order before prodraft, the starting players must line up in one of the starting slots in the game lobby. These players cannot be switched out once prodraft is started.
12. Teams are required to make their final champion changes before the timer countdown hits 20 seconds heading into the loading screen
13. Players are required to play on their main account listed with Blue Otter League via the Player Registration form. This means that if you receive a 14 day suspension or a permanent ban you will be ineligible to play.
1. No excessive BMing. If a player feels that another team is BMing excessively they need to record or screenshot the examples and send them to the admin team. Punishment will result on the next played series for the team if the admin team feels that the team is being excessive.
2. We highly advise that you avoid any form of communication other than GG or explaining a pause while in game
3. The use of emotes / masteries is allowed but please don’t excessively spam them or bind them to ability keys.
4. Players that wish to stream BOL official matches must have a three minute delay on their stream.
5. Players must be in their team voice call during an official BOL game.
5.a If a player intentionally leaves their voice call and/or the game in the middle of a game, they will be suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks. The only exception is if their internet/client/discord crashes.
1. Pauses are limited to 10 minutes per game and can only pause up to 3 times per game. After that teams must play out the game regardless of issues.
1.a If a team pauses a game, the opposing team’s captain must post in their respective captain chat and state that their game has been paused.
1.b If a team is still paused after 10 minutes or if they paused more than 3 times. Please open a ticket for staff assistance.
1.c Pauses should only be used for technical difficulties and emergencies. Abuse of the pause rule will be punished via ban loss in the next series.
1. Remakes are only allowed under severe server / client issues.
2. Remakes may only occur if they are done before first blood or first minion dies.
3. Teams must seek admin approval for a remake. It is important to pause as soon as possible and make a ticket for staff approval.
1. After a match has completed the winning team's captain is required to post their match results in the designated channel. This needs to be completed the same day the match is played. Failure to follow this rule will result in ban losses for repeated offenses.
1.a Below is how a captain should report the matches. Examples will be further provided in the designated channel.
Pick Ban: <prodraft/draftlol link>
Match Result: <screenshot of post game lobby>
Match Link: <match history link>
This is the website link you would use to find the match history link. (https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en)
1. The Diamond League plays a Bo3 each Monday at 8pm ET during a BOL season.
1.a There is a $75 entry fee for the BOL Diamond League as well as a $25 deposit that teams will receive at the end of the season. The deposit will be returned if teams are not involved in a competitive ruling (e.g. smurfing) and do not forfeit more than 2 games in a season.
2. Teams are allowed to reschedule a game if they have admin approval. The reschedule must be posted in the captain's chat and be acknowledged by staff and the opposing team’s captain.
2.a Teams have a two week period to complete their rescheduled games or they result in forfeits. The two week period may be waived by admins if deemed necessary.
1. Season standings will be based off of series score.
2. Standings will be decided by Series Score > Head-to-head > Win-Loss Percentage > Tied teams head-to-head score.
2.a Should any tiebreaker games be required it will be played the week after the conclusion of the regular season.
2.b Below is an example of how a three way tie would be decided.
Team A vs Team B : 2-0
Team B vs Team C: 2-1
Team C vs Team A: 2-0
Team C would be 1 seed
1. For Bo3s, the team on the left side of the schedule will have blue side for games 1 and 3 while the team on the right will have blue side for game 2.
2. For Bo5s (aka playoffs), The higher seed in the matchup will be given side selection for Game 1. Side selection for Games 2, 3 ,4 and 5 will be given to the team that lost the previous game. For example, if Team B loses game 1, they get side selection in game 2. If Team B loses game 2, they will get side selection game 3. If two teams have the same seed, there will be a coinflip for game 1 side selection and then will proceed with the above procedure. (TL;DR: Loser gets side selection after game 1)
1. Blue Otter League has implemented a Captain Chat. This is to help better reach our players and get feedback from them about rulings / rules and overall help to improve the player experience in the league.
1. Currently, we are accepting deposits for the Diamond League ($25). These deposits are “in good faith” and will be returned as long as each team completes these 3 requirements:
1.a Finish out the season. If your team forfeits in the last week, you will lose your deposit.
1.b Only forfeit a max of 2 games. This includes playoffs.
1.c Did not get punished for smurfing or any other major rule violations.
1. There is a $75 entry fee for the Diamond league that can be accepted via Cash app or Paypal. This goes to the BOL prize pool.
1. Team names and player names must be within Twitch and Riot TOS and within Blue Otter League Rules. BOL can require a player to change their name if necessary.
2. Teams are limited to one Name/Brand/Logo change per season due to the amount of resources that it takes to edit.
1. Diamond League
1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%
1. Upon the release of a new champion, that champion will be banned from BOL matches for two weeks. If the ban rolls into playoffs the champion in question will be banned for the entirety of playoffs.
1.a Should there be a game breaking bug on any champion BOL reserves the right to remove that champion from BOL Matches indefinitely.
2. Reworked champions will be disabled for 1 week.
1. BOL will release the stream schedule for the upcoming week every Friday night
2. BOL will reserve the right to stream any match that they choose.
3. Any organization that participates in Blue Otter League will agree to a non-competing stream clause. (They are not allowed to stream a match that BOL is also streaming)
4. Players are allowed to stream their own POV but they must stream with a 3 minute delay.
5. Depending on the number of streams hosted by BOL each week, we will prioritize streaming as many teams as we can during the regular season while trying to pick the most competitive matches as well.
1. In discord there is no tolerance for racism, hate speech or NSFW content.
2. Any death threats or telling someone “Kill yourself”, “kys”, or any variation will result in a suspension/mute depending on the severity
3. Instigation will result in a server mute and repeated offenses will result in suspensions and/or removal from the league.
4. Trash talk is an opt-in channel for those wishing to participate in the shenanigans.
4.a Even though trash talk is an opt-in channel there are boundaries. Rule 1, 2, 7, and 8 in Discord Etiquette is still applicable in the trash talk channel.
5. In extreme cases of harassment / extreme toxicity outside of the Blue Otter League Discord. Admins may remove you from the League.
6. Failure to follow the discord rules will result in mutes, suspensions or bans.
7. Do not bring up political views into any discussion. This is a place to play league of legends and not a political debate. We understand that some of you have a very solid understanding of politics and can debate without getting personal but every debate would get out of hand.
7.a 1st offense - Formal warning
2nd offense - Muted for 1 week
3rd offense - Muted indefinitely
8. Do not post screenshots of players saying racist, sexist, or any other statements that would be against BOL discord rules in any channel. Make sure you contact admins directly regarding players breaking BOL Discord rules via DMs.
1. Intentionally Account Sharing - If a player is intentionally account sharing on their main account, they will be suspended for at least 1 season of BOL. Second offense is a permanent ban from the league.
1.a Knowledge of Account Sharing - First offense will result in a league suspension for the season. Second offense will result in a permanent league ban.
1.b Players should not be account sharing any of their alternate accounts during the BOL season. This will result in a 1 week suspension for first time offenses.
2. Hate Speech / Racism - First offense is a ban.
3. NSFW Content - Discord ban, can appeal
4. Smurfing - Banned from the league.
4.a There will be no remakes for teams that are found to have a smurf on them or account sharing. All wins will result as a loss and standings will be adjusted accordingly.
5. Knowledge of Smurfing - First offense is a league ban for the season. Second offense is a permanent ban from the league.
6. Excessive Lobby & In game BM - Depending on the severity of the case. First offense is a ban loss for your team upon the next series. If these actions continue it will be up to admin discretion for future punishments and possible removal from the league depending on severity.
6.a Lobby and in game penalties are enforced on the next series after a proper investigation can be completed.
7. Win Trading - Any form of win trading that has proof without a reasonable doubt will result in the removal of either one or both teams depending on the situation.
8. Streaming without 3 min delay- Players that wish to stream BOL official matches must have a three minute delay on their stream. Failure to do so will result in ban loss for the next series. If it is determined that you have received outside assistance while streaming the game will count as a forfeit.
9. Severe Cases - Any severe cases not listed under Disciplinary Actions, punishment will be up to Admin discretion based on the severity of the case.
10. Pause Abuse - Ban losses upon next series.
Rules are subject to amendment(s) based off of Admin / Player Feedback