Gold Eligibility Rules
1. (Non-Cap exception players) Players must have ended Gold 1 99 LP or below AND did not promote to Platinum at any point during Season 12. Additionally players must not have peaked Platinum 4 in season 13 to be eligible to join a roster. Blue Otter will only take flex rank into account if there’s a big discrepancy between a player’s solo queue rank and flex rank.
1.a If a player has played the minimum, or close to the minimum, number of games required in the previous season, they may be considered a cap exception player (see rule 2). This also includes other factors such as previous ranked history, competitive play performance, and the peak rank of the player in the previous season.
1.b A player may be deemed a cap exception player if they have an excessive win rate while meeting the minimum requirements of the league.
2. Each team is allowed to roster (1) cap exception player.
2.a By definition, a cap exception player is a player that has peaked P4 in Season 12 and/or peaked P4 in Season 13. Any player that ended G1 100 LP in Season 13 is considered a cap exception player.
2.a.1 If a player peaked, at max, Platinum 3 in season 12 for 7 days or less, they may request an exemption if they played at least 400 ranked games in Season 12 and 100 ranked games in Season 13. If approved, the player will count as a cap exception player. Any player that peaked Platinum 3 this season is ineligible for Gold.
2.b A player that was not a cap exception player at the beginning of the season may not become one in the middle of the season to try to switch teams while they are Platinum. (See rule 3)
3. Players that have previously ended Platinum 2 or above in Season 10 or later will be ineligible to play.
4. A player may conditionally climb to Platinum 3 99 LP while on a team. However, once they hit Platinum 4 they are ineligible to switch teams. Cap exception players are allowed to switch teams as long as they haven’t peaked Platinum 3 in Season 13.
4.a Players may start climbing after Week 1 has concluded.
5. Teams are required to research their players, admins are not responsible if a player is found out to be ineligible later in the season.
6. All players must have 20 Solo/Duo Queue ranked games on their main account in order to be eligible to play in Blue Otter League at the start of the season. This includes starters, subs, AND e-subs.
6.a Players must have 60 ranked solo/duo games to be eligible for playoffs this season.
6.b All rostered players must have at least 10 ranked solo/duo games within the last 21 days to be eligible for any regular season match. (Not enforced for week 1)
6.b.1 Failure to fulfill this rule requirement for any given week will result in 2 first round ban losses for each game the player plays. if a captain wishes to enforce this rule, a ticket must be made before the start of their scheduled match.
6.b.2 The opposing team may waive any ban losses resulting from this rule if they choose to.
6.c Players who have an excessive win rate during the season (55%+) will be put on a win rate contract until their win rate falls below 55%. This contract will require that the player plays 5 ranked solo/duo games every week.
6.d Games should be completed with the utmost integrity. If BOL staff can verify a player has intentionally fed multiple games without a reasonable doubt, this can impact their eligibility for the league.
6.e Players are not eligible unless they have played 100+ solo/duo ranked games in the previous season and are currently ranked. If a player did not have 100 ranked games in Season 12, they can make up the difference in Season 13 if they had at least 30 games in Season 12. The formula for calculating a certain player’s minimum game requirement is below.
S13 Game Requirements = 100 - (Number of ranked solo / duo games in season 12 up to 100) + 20
(60 for playoffs)
6.f If a player had less than 30 ranked solo/duo games in Season 12, they must play 120 ranked solo/duo games to be eligible this season.
7. Banned accounts and any accounts you no longer have access to do not count towards the minimum game requirement.
8. Before players are eligible to play on a roster they must be cleared by a Tournament Organizer.
9. If your main account is permanently banned during any BOL league season, you will be considered ineligible to participate in Blue Otter League for the remainder of that season. If your main account is suspended at any point in the season, you will be ineligible to play in BOL until your suspension has been lifted. The BOL league season starts when a team is accepted into the league.
10. Accounts in other regions must be disclosed to BOL staff. These accounts will be considered when determining player eligibility but will not solely be the reason of acceptance or denial.
11. All alternate accounts level 30+ must be disclosed. Failure to disclose an account will result in a suspension or possibly being denied from participating in BOL. If a player’s undisclosed account is found in between seasons, the suspension will carry over to the next season.
12. Ultimately all eligibility comes down to admin discretion, the admins can collectively agree to deny or remove any player.
13. Player eligibility cannot be bypassed by an agreement with another team. (Game requirements)
14. Players must fill out a player application form before they are considered eligible.
15. BOL uses OP.gg to determine eligibility and game count.